Friday 12 May 2017

EVALUATION QUESTION 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Throughout the creation of my media product, I learnt many things about magazine production. At the beginning of my magazine production I found it difficult to use Photoshop because I wasn’t taught how to use Photoshop and I had to teach myself how to use it. Learning how to use Photoshop was really helpful when making my music magazine as it made my media product look professional. My first draft was incredibly plain and the colours clashed with my image whereas my finish product was the opposite of my first draft as I now knew how to use Photoshop properly. Photoshop is best software to use when creating a magazine because it has all the essentials needed to make the perfect magazine such as, different ways to crop an image, different fonts, and different colours. Photoshop was incredible with colour as I was able to create my own colours. Throughout the creation of my media product I also learnt how to edit in general, as shown below, my magazine has changed dramatically from my first draft to my final product and this is because I was able to use different editing effects on my final product as I learnt how to do so through Photoshop. Editing was an essential part of the creation of my magazine because I didn’t necessarily have to start my production from the beginning if I didn’t like something as I could simply edit and just change what I didn’t like without changing the other things. Overall, I have learnt many things throughout my magazine production and improved my ability to analyse and illustrate different codes and conventions in a typical magazine. This is why there’s a significant difference between my first draft and my final product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment