Thursday 11 May 2017

EVALUATION QUESTION 2

How does your media product represent particular social groups?
Representation of specific artists are important because it is a way to include the audience in the magazine as they may feel that they have something in common with the artists.

Before creating my music magazine, I decided that I wanted everyone to be able to enjoy my magazine especially teenagers/young adults, so I did not choose a specific social group. However, my music magazine is a gospel magazine, many people automatically think that gospel music is only suitable for Christians but anyone can listen to it, just as anyone can listen to rock or pop music, it is just a music genre. In addition, my magazine is not just any type of music magazine, it is a modern music magazine and through the colours (red and yellow) I used in my magazine, people will be more attracted to it as it is something different. According to the house style of my magazine, most of the people that will be purchasing my magazine are young people (aged 16-22). This is because my magazine stands out and I used colours such as yellow and red because they are the colours that appeal to my audience because they are bright and cheerful which will draw the audience’s attention. In addition, the main artist featured in my magazine is Lecrae and he is a young gospel rapper, which will attract more young people because this will reassure them that there is many different sides to gospel music and it is not just the typical type of gospel music, which is enjoyed by the older generation. also, one of the main reasons why I chose Lecrae to be featured in my magazine is because I did some research and most young people believe that gospel music is dull. This suggests only older people can enjoy gospel music. However, Lecrae’s gospel music is not portrayed as tedious music. However, because I wanted everyone to read my music magazine and I know how much young people like gossip, I included a section in my music magazine where the reader finds out more about the secrets about his success. Lecrae represents my target audience because he’s a young rapper and most young adults/ teenagers like rap music and the only difference between Lecrae’s music and another rapper is that Lecrea’s music has a great message that motivate people whereas other rap artists promote gang, violence. From my research, I found out that males would be more interested to my magazines than females as Lecrea is a male.

No comments:

Post a Comment