Thursday 11 May 2017

EVALUATION QUESTION 1

In what ways does your media product, use, develop or challenge forms and conventions?


For my media product, i had to create a magazine of my chosen genre. My music magazine genre is a gospel; I chose to do a gospel music magazine because there is not many gospel music magazines that has been distributed in the magazine industry. I think this is because magazine distribution companies feel that not many people will purchase gospel magazines because of the norm, which is that gospel music is for older people but not many older people read magazines.Throughout my magazine production, I made sure that my magazine's conventions relate to the genre. There are three modern gospel artists featured in my music magazine, I did this because I wanted to demonstrate that there are many different styles of music within the gospel world. The images in my magazine also relate to its genre. Through the costume worn by the model in my magazine, the audience will be able to infer that the genre is gospel as she is wearing clothes that look elegant and not so revealing. In addition, through reading the masthead on the cover page of my magazine, my target audience is likely to infer that it is a gospel magazine as it says, “The living word”. I tried to give as many hints as possible for the audience to insinuate that it is a gospel magazine as soon as they view it.

 I chose to do a modern gospel magazine because I knew that it would attract and appeal to a younger adult/ teenage audience. My music magazine challenged the forms of conventions as I used colours (yellow, green and red) that are not usually utilised on magazines. I did this is because I wanted my magazine to stand out from all the other magazines but also look appealing. Moreover, I wanted to challenge the forms of conventions because I felt that magazine distributions want to publish something new and different which will stand out as many more people will purchase it and my magazine does not follow the norm of other magazines e.g. my masthead is on the side of the front cover instead of the top centre. 

No comments:

Post a Comment