Friday 5 May 2017

DOUBLE PAGE SPREAD TEXT

Hi everyone, welcome back to another exclusive interview with ‘Sing Dance Worship’. Joining us today is the most famous Christian rapper, he’s an actor, he’s a song writer, he’s a producer, and he is LECRAE.
SING DANCE WORSHIP: Thank you for joining us today Lecrae, it is such an honour to have you here.
LECRAE: NO thank you for having me here, I am so excited.
SIND DANCE WORSHIP: before we begin, we would all like to know about you, about Lecrae.
LECRAE: I am Lecrae Devaughn Moore, ermm I am a hip-hop artist and I love making music that inspires people to do the best they can. I am a Christian and my faith plays an important part to my music. I never promote drugs, sex and violence in my music because I have been there and I now know that there is a lot more things to life than those three dangerous things.
SING DANCE WOSHIP: I love that because there is not many artists out there that do what you do man, so it’s amazing to know that not everyone thinks about sex, drugs and violence.
LECRAE: Yeah, I mean many young people are lost and trying to find something that can comfort them and they usually rely on sex, drugs and alcohol, but if they have someone telling them that they don’t need sex, drugs and alcohol to get through life especially through sings because that’s what are generation is in to. Music, through music we can save many lost people.
SING DANCE WORSHIP:  that’s really good man, tell us a bit more about your big break
LECRAE: My big break. I would say my big break was when I was 25 years old, I released my first album but I didn’t expect to be so popular, of course I was hoping it was popular but I wasn’t expecting it. When I found out that my album made it on to the billboard and reached no. 29, I went down on my keens and worshiped god because without him nothing will be possible.
SING DANCE WORSHIP: so Lecrae we heard that you do not like the term ‘Christian rapper’ and you do not want people to know you as a Christian rapper. Tell us, why does it bother you so much?
LECRAE: It is not that I don’t like being labelled as a Christian rapper. I prefer to be labelled as a hip-hop artist. There’s nothing wrong with being a Christian rapper because I’m a Christian so I enjoy Christian music but as soon as you’re labelled a Christian rapper, atomically people thing that you’re music is only for Christians, and other people might not even listen to my music because it’s ‘Christian music’ and they might automatically think that it’s not good music. I am trying to win non-Christians as well as Christians because I want to inspire everyone to be better.
SING DANCE WORSHIP: what advice would you give to people that are always negative?
LECRAE: My thing is just I always tell people before you complain, be grateful you got breath to complain with, just appreciate the little things. Just the small blessings that you just have. You woke up, you can walk and you are alive. We lost people last year, so just all those little things.
SING DANCE WORSHIP: that is great man, because everyone needs someone to bring them up and you are one of the good ones man, always trying to make people happy. It is good because there is many people out there that look up to you so you keep up the good work. Well it was a pleasure having you here today and I hope you keep making your way up
LECRAE: It was a pleasure to be here and I will never give up on my dreams man.


No comments:

Post a Comment